Although there is no real cure for baldness, there are some things you can do to improve the condition of your hair, thereby keeping more of it. Look over the following tips and see if they can’t help you out with your hair loss situation.
1. Don’t shampoo every day. Washing too often will strip your scalp of essential oils needed to keep your hair strong and healthy. It’s okay to stand under a warm shower every day, just resist the urge to wash. This will also keep your hair more manageable.
2. Use gentle products and tactics with your hair. Invest in higher quality shampoos and conditioners that don’t contain a lot of harsh chemicals. Use them as directed and add “massage scalp” to the instructions, as this increases circulation which can promote growth. Wrap wet hair in a towel instead of rubbing it dry and never use a brush or comb on hair that is still wet.
3. Improve your diet. Eating well will have a big impact on the health of your hair, so make the right choices during mealtime. Enjoy fish with essential omega-3 oils a few times a week, fruits and vegetables every day and be sure and drink plenty of water. Vitamin E is also very good for your hair, so you may want to consider taking a supplement to promote stronger, healthier locks.
4. Exercise more often. Fitness improves circulation and metabolism, both of which are great for your hair. Partake of a regular routine that will also work to keep you in shape and fend off other medical conditions like diabetes and heart disease. Avoid over-shampooing when you work out though, skipping the ritual on days you don’t exercise.
5. Manage stress effectively. Stress will have a negative impact on every part of your body, including hair. People of any age will notice more loss of hair during stressful periods, so it’s very important that you work to relieve yourself of harmful stress. Exercise will help, as will mediation and listening to your favorite music, reading a great book or simply talking about life with a friend.
Learn How to Stop Your Hair Loss and Get Back That Full Head of Hair. Celebrity Hair Loss Secrets.
6. Get quality sleep. Sleep regulates hormones which are a vital part of your hair’s health; go to bed and get up at the same times for regularity and ease of falling to sleep and make sure your bedroom is conducive to snoozing. Keep it dark, the right temperature and don’t go to bed worrying! Also, splurge for soft pillow cases that have less friction for your hair, like silk or satin.
7. Ask your parents about genetic hair loss. Many people suffering from hair loss will find a lot of it scattered throughout their family tree and if this is the case for you, at least you can modify your strategy. You may have to accept hair loss as inevitable and rather that fighting to keep it, find new ways to adapt.
8. Talk to your doctor about prescription or OTC options. Your doctor will be aware of any medications you are already taking that can contribute to hair loss and also know if any medical remedies could help you. Talk openly with him or her and get a knowledgeable recommendation.
Hair loss is depressing, no matter what your age or gender; hopefully the advice in this article can help you hold onto more of yours.